Home

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Sail Away Simon Says Stamp July card kit

I finally received my SSS card kit  and it is awsome. I used the little sail boat die and cut it out of several of the printed papers in the kit. I also had some wood grain printed paper I used to cut the hull and the staff. I use some of my le plume markers to color the little flags. I chose the piece of paper that was light grey with seagulls on it as a background piece . I had made a stencil to go with my cloud cover up by my favorite things by taking the plastic that is inside the pack of bacon and running the die through my big kick machine. First I made me a sunset and then I use this stencil and some  white pigment ink and created my clouds. I did add a little bit of orange and pink to the bottom of the clouds to give it that reflection from the Sun. To make my waves I used MFT making waves die and cut two different shades of blue. I dabbed a little bit of white pigment ink on the tips of the waves just to  give them that look that you see at the beach. I cut a piece of vellum to the size of my background and embossed in Ranger liquid platinum embossing powder my sentiment. You can't have an ocean scene without seagulls so I added them with a Multiliner black pen. I used my favorite things blueprint 25 and cut the red cardstock that came with the kit and mounted everything on it and then mounted it to a white card base. I really love how this turned out. Thanks for stopping by come back soon.

Sail away  July card kit

2 comments:

  1. Deana, this is fabulous! You build a lovely scene. Thank you for playing along with us at MFT Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's fun how you start off skeptical about how a card will turn out but love the end results.

      Delete