Home

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Stampin Friends Merry Christmas Hop





Welcome to the Stampin Friends Christmas Hop!
I hope everyone will be enjoying the holiday with family and friends.

We have a line up of super talented designers and I'm sure you will be wowed!
If you just arrived from Barbara's Blog thank you for continuing with the hop!
If you missed Barbara's click the Previous button to check out her amazing creations.





We are excited to have three Awesome Guest Hoppers this month that you should definitely check out!




                                                              Barbara Welch



I've been having so much fun playing with the heat embossing resist and Tim Holtz Distress inks. On a piece of water color paper I stamped my image with Versa Mark from 3 MFT sets (Sophisticated Snowflakes, Snowflake Flurry, and Snowflake Splendor) then heat embossed them with WOW Opaque Bright white super detail embossing powder.
 Now for the fun, I wet the paper then started dropping drops from the refill bottle of Shaded Lilac, Lucky Clover, and Peacock Feathers. If they didn't spread enough on their own I gave them a little help with a aqua brush. I added some Tim Holtz Brushed Pewter Distress spray which I'm really hung up on lately. While this dried I cut snowflakes out of MFT Brushed Silver card stock using Cas-ual Fridays Snowflakes from the Catherine Pooler Holiday Magic Stamp Of Approval box, these snowflakes are awesome. Also from this box I used Neat and Tangled's Happy Holiday die to cut a piece of black card stock. I assembled my card front and mounted it on Bazzill Fairytale card stock.
I'm in love with Catherine Pooler's Holiday Magic, if you can't tell! You can do so much with it and I can't wait till the new one comes out in Jan.  

I used Neat and Tangled's Bright Baubles and did a similar technique as the above card except I used
Wow Gold Rich embossing powder, Silver embossing powder and Ranger Liquid Platinum. I then wet my water color paper in the shape of a Christmas tree and dropped SU Gumball Green on to the wet part trying to avoid the inside of the ornaments. Then I colored the ornaments in with MFT Cranberry Cocktail ink. I mounted the card front to MFT brushed gold then put them on MFT Wild Cherry card stock. To wrap it up I chose some sequins from Design Creative Bling O' Tannenbaum sequin mix to scatter about.   





Some time back I had seen these elves made with pine cones and thought they were so adorable I had to give it a shot. So off to Jo-ann's I went and purchased some felt and 1" wooden beads.Once back home I went about outside collecting small pine cones that were 3 - 4" tall. I then made a pattern for the hat. For the gloves I used the mitten die from MFT Warm and Fuzzy and for the feet I used a heart from MFT Staggered Heart Border cutting 2 for each elf. The scarf was easy, I just cut a strip of felt about 3/8 to 1/2" wide and about 8 1/2" long.  After gathering and cutting all my supplies I began assembling my elves using a hot glue gun. I ran a narrow bead of glue down the straight edge of the hat and brought the matching side around to meet it, then pressed them together. Next I glued the hat to the Wooden Bead and mounted it to the pine cone. I then tied the scarf on and trimmed it to fit then cut the tassels in the ends. I glued the mittens on each side. for the feet i glued two hearts matched up on top of each other then attached then to the bottom of the pine cone with the rounded parts sticking out the front. All that was left now is to draw the face and hair, if you want hair, then glue the mini bell ( purchased at amuse studio) on the end of the hat.





Who wants to win some crafty supplies?!? If you do, and who doesn't, comment on all 14 post in this hop and email Elizabeth everyones favorite holiday to happystamper508@gmail.com by midnight Sunday 12/20/15. What do you get? In addtion to enjoying all of this group' s creations, you'll be entered to win a fun crafty present from every one of the bloggers! That's 13 crafty presents for you to enjoy and for us to say thank you for spending time with us!

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you enjoyed my creations. I'd love to hear from you in the comments section and feel free to follow me and checkout my other post. Up next is Cheryl just click the Next button to continue on the hop and see what awesome creations she has in store for you!
My favorite holiday is Christmas!




7.Deana Benson- YOU ARE HERE
8.  Cheryl Piotrowski
13. Tina Riddle
To find any of the products I used just click on the pictures!
 You can find info on the SOA here!
You can find information on SOA and Stamp Nation here
Die-namics Warm & FuzzyDie-namics Staggered Heart Border
These product you can find at Laura's Loft  (click here) along with many other great paper crafting item's at great prices. The sequin mixes are an exclusive item I ( Design Creative Bling ) designed for Laura's Loft.

38 comments:

  1. You little elves are too adorable. I am making those, although it sounds like a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't time consuming at all if you have a couple of dies. I'm fortunate enough to live on a farm that has a variety of things such as small pine cones.That maybe the most time consuming part.

      Delete
  2. Those little elves are the cutest thing I've seen this year! Can't wait to make some for last-minute gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to see what you do . It's always fun to see other peoples creations.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those elves are so cute!!! Love it TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, I like the look of the distress ink resist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute elves, and i love your beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denna your cards never stop amazing me,,,great job I will have to come back and try the first card here, and see how mine turns out,,,the little elves would sure be a fun project with my grandkids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denna your cards never stop amazing me,,,great job I will have to come back and try the first card here, and see how mine turns out,,,the little elves would sure be a fun project with my grandkids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! I especially love the tree with ornaments. I bet it is even more awesome in person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I want to learn to play with resist and inks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bright colors of your cards! The colors really pop in such a wonderful way. Your elves are so adorable! I haven't seen anything like them before and I'm hoping I might have time to make a variation that I can use as an ornament. Thanks for the great ideas!
    -Mara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards! And I LOVE those pine cone elves! Adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card! Great technique using the snowflakes!! LOve the colors! The elves are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute projects. The elves are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really liked those elfs and it gave me a great way to make use of all the pine cones we have in our yard. The cards were wonderful and using the distress ink the way you did was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors in your card.. just beautiful! And oh.. those elves are adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely fell in love with the little elves. Can't wait to try them out. And the card has colors that really caught my eye. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. What pretty cards! Love snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the elves you made. Your cards are beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a great technique! That's gorgeous! The littel pine cones elves are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! What a very festive card! I love it. And those little elves are so super cute! Great job and Merry Christmas to you and your elves!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your elves! Love them! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Deana! I just wanted to thank you for my gifts for winning the December Blog Hop! I can't believe you gave ME the first set of Creative Bling from your new collection! WOW it's so pretty! And I appreciate the new marker too! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete