Home

Saturday, December 12, 2015

MFT Sketch Challenge 258




I haven't participated in an MFT sketch challenge in the last few months and I really missed it. It's been a very busy time between a death , work, surgery that I'm recuperating from and the general extra things that are thrown in there I just haven't had time. So with the fact that I'm recuperating I'm trying my best to be able to create cards and had some time to participate in the latest challenge.



On with my card! Prior to my surgery I had colored some images not knowing if I would be able to color afterwards for a while. One of the sets that I colored was MFT Santa's elves by Birdie Brown. I had also recently purchased some Bazzill Basic Paper called Holiday Style Classic Christmas and decided that I wanted to use the striped paper in that selection. I didn't have the Die-namic that cuts the stitch rectangle with the one rounded corner. So my solution was to use the stitch rectangle from Blueprints 25 and after cutting that laying the rounded corner rectangle from Blueprints 26 over top of it and only cutting the one corner. Next I used my pinked edge circle and cut a piece of Wild Cherry MFT cardstock. The top layer was a piece of Gumdrop Green MFT cardstock cut using the MFT stitched Circle frame. As I looked at this I decided instead of cutting a rectangle to go below these pieces I wanted to make a rectangular shaker card area so I used the rounded rectangle from blueprints 6 and cut the striped basil paper and I also cut two pieces of fun foam to create my shaker area. Then I got a piece of acetate that was a little larger than the opening and stamped my sentiment and Versa Mark then heat embossed it in black detail embossing powder by Stamp N Stuff. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to back my shaker with and ended up going with a piece of MFT Blue Raspberry which picks up the blue stripe in the paper. I put my shaker together and used Design Creative Bling's sequin mix called O'Tannenbaum. Which is available at Laura's Loft!


 After assembling my shaker high attached all my elements to the front and added some glossy accents to the ornaments and the bells on the elves hats. My finish card front was mounted to a piece of Neenah solar white 110 lbs card stock as my base.



                        
I had just created my own stamp, which I tried out on this card, to stamp the back of my cards with using my Silhouette Mint and I really like how it works you can create what you want to personalize your stamp and it's so easy.






I hoping everybody is having a good time getting ready for the holidays. Hope to participate in the color challenge and the upcoming sketch challenges. Until next time....


3 comments:

  1. I love that elf stamp set and love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!☺it's one of my favorites from the release!

      Delete
    2. Thank you!☺it's one of my favorites from the release!

      Delete