Home

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Beautiful Intricate Ornaments (Farewell Top Dog Dies)

It is so sad to see a company close their online store. Top Dog Dies has shut down. They had some wonderful Die sets. I wish I had stumbled across them sooner. I was lucky enough to scoop up a few one of which I used to make the following card.
 I pulled out a piece of water color paper and some MFT inks ( Hot Fudge, Jellybean Green, and Olive) and painted some pine boughs with my aqua brush. I wanted to do something a little different so I took the scalloped die and cut a stencil using the plastic piece from a pack of bacon and ran them trough the Big Kick. I then cut the rest of my pieces from the various card stock. Taking the stencil I made I laid it on the blue ornament an colored the cut outs with an embossing pen and heat embossed it with WOW Gold Rich EP. I finished this one up by aligning the piece of vellum over the embossing and adding the top of the ornament. For the other ornament I used the same stencil but put it on top of the gold piece that is shaped like a label and dry embossed some detail in it. I adhered this piece along with the top of the ornament. both were popped up on fun foam. I wanted them to look like they were hanging from the branches. I used some DMC floss poked a hole on each side of the branch and lace it through then tied a bow. The two ends I glued behind the ornament so it looked like a loop. The last thing I did was cut out joy from MFT Shiney Gold card stock using Reverse Confetti's Winter Words die and assembled my card.. 


WinterWordsCCGraphic
Premium Dye Ink Pad OliveJellybean Green Premium Dye Ink PadHot Fudge Premium Dye Ink Pad


No comments:

Post a Comment