Home

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

MFT Sketch Challenge 242

I had this idea that popped in my head of taking the penguin from MFT's Penguins In Paradise and the Fringe die and making a grass skirt for it. Of coarse I also had to design a bikini top. I colored all my images with Copics and then cut them out on my Silhouette Cameo. My back ground is watercolored with Tim Holtz distress inks  (seedless preserves, evergreen bough, rusty hinge, festive berrys, antique linen, tumbled glass, squeezed lemonade, and frayed burlap) on watercolor paper. I stamped my sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black using my MISTI. I used an oval die by Spellbinders and cut the water color paper. We R Memory Keepers basket weave embossing folder was used to emboss a piece of SU Daffodil Delight cardstock. My oval and beach ball are popped up on fun foam. Wink of Stella was add to the water and letters and a few dots for sand sparkle. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed my card.

13 comments:

  1. I freaking LOVE that you dressed up your penguin!!! A+++... Adorable and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love everything, the sky, the penguin clothes, and using the basket embossing folder is just perfect,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how much you love using MFT! We're glad to have you participate in our challenges. :)

    Susan R. Opel
    Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! I love everything about MFT the products are irresistible, the people are awsome, and the shipping speed is off the charts.... I need a bigger building now cause I have so many MFT products. Julie doesn't help me behave. Lol

      Delete
    2. Thank you Susan! I love everything about MFT the products are irresistible, the people are awsome, and the shipping speed is off the charts.... I need a bigger building now cause I have so many MFT products. Julie doesn't help me behave. Lol

      Delete
  4. beautiful background! such a pretty card, Deana! thanks so much for playing along with MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice I had a lot of fun creating this one!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Alice I had a lot of fun creating this one!

      Delete