Home

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Cool Day

There are some stamp sets that when you look at them you see them in certain colors, this is one of them for me. For the minute I saw it I feel in love with it and new I would use Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs, Barn Door, Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood, and Pumice Stone for shading. I was at the drag strip when I went to start this and realized in the rush to gather things to work on between rounds I forgot my acrylic blocks. So what's a crafter to do...improvise. I used a lid from a takeout dish. I think I like it better than my blocks.

I started off stamping my images in versafine black ink on Canson watercolor paper being careful to wipe away any parts that would over lap prior to stamping. I started painting his shirt with a mixture of tumble glass and weathered wood thinned with water. I started with less weathered wood in the lighter areas and add more for the shaded parts. The stripes on the pole, the hat, and mug were barn door and shaded with pumice stone. The sign and bear were gathered twigs shaded with pumice stone. I used tumbled glass and pumice stone for the ice, snow and fur on hat. The snow flakes were added using MFT snow cone ink. I mounted this on MFT Red Hot and popped it up on fun foam then mounted it to MFT Snow Cone card stock. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments: