Home

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Mix Media Artsy Valentine


Playing with mixed media is so much fun. You can make a mess look beautiful. I just recently started dabbling in this. I think I hesitated getting into this because I don't like not having control, but I found it is so much fun seeing how it all reacts to each other.
I started with a piece of Strathmore water color paper and taped it down. I added Tim Hltz Distress Ink to dry paper (the colors are in the picture below). This was then misted with water. I let it sit while the inks did their work. To help dry it I used a heat tool. Next I chose some rub on images from BoBunny Love Letters Collection and applied them. Then I mixed Tim Holtz Ground Espresso with Ferro Platinum and applied it to my card front. I finished it up by stamping a sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays Out Loud and mounting the finished piece on SU Bermuda Bay card stock. The more I look at this the more I love it.


Thank you so much for spending time with me. I hope you enjoyed what I created. Check back soon I usually post about once a week. This is not goodbye but see ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment