Home

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

My Entry For MFT Color Challenge 20

Unfortunately I had a customer pass away sunday. I wanted to make his widow a card to express my sympathy for her loss.

I pulled out my Lavender Fields, Wild Wisteria, Lemon Chiffon, and Daffodil MFT ink pads. I used these colors and Stampin' Ups Beautiful Bunch to create the floral paper. Using Stampin' Up Label thinlets I cut the floral paper, lavender fields and neenah solar white. The butterflies were cut using Stampin' Up Beautiful Butterflies thinlets folder. After stamping my sentiment and layering it all up, I mounted it on a Lemon Chiffon card base. Initially I didn't particular like the color combo. It was just too easter eggy or something,  but I figured it is a challenge so let's see what we can do. I ended up loving the results. I guess that is the point of the challenges, to make you create.

5 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your loss. You created a beautiful sympathy card. Thank you for playing along with the MFT Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry for your loss. you have used those colors so beautifully with wonderful details! very pretty card! thanks for playing along with MFT Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete