Home

Thursday, October 6, 2016

MIO Compadres Halloween Cooky Spooky Hop






I'm super excited to get back to hopping with my Compadres! We will be sharing some awesome card creations and possibly some other projects here and there  on the first Thursday 9am EST over next several months. This is a great time of the year to start creating cards for the up coming holidays. 

Before I get to how I created my cards I want to let you know we have a giveaway which is posted below and all you have to do to enter  is leave some love at each stop on the hop through 10/20.  A winner will be announced on Laura's blog 10/24.



                                        



If you are coming from Laura's blog which is the first stop I hope you enjoyed her creations as much as she enjoyed making them. If you missed her stop be sure to click he previous button and it will take you there. The list of stops is located at the bottom of this post in case you get lost. Don't forget to show those girls some love!


 Now on with my cards! I started this one by die cutting the Lawn Fawn Leafy Tree Landscape out of black card stock twice and set them aside while I created my background. For my background I used my 2 1/2" circle punch and punched a circle out of masking paper ( you will use both the positive and negative). I laid my 2 tree die cuts in opposite directions but lining up the frames and placed them on my 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" Neenah solar white 110lb card stock. This helped me place my negative from my masking paper for my moon. After I had it where I wanted it I blended Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink in the circle. To give the moon texture I used Amused Studios Harvest Moon stamp and MFT Cement Gray Ink along with my MISTI, lined it up and stamped. I then place the positive circle mask over the moon to protect it while I blended the Distress Ink colors Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves and Chipped Sapphire to create a night sky.


 The Amuse Studio Harvest Moon set has an awesome owl and branch which I lined up to look like part of the tree and stamped using Brutus Monroe Detal Ink and my MISTI. I sat here pondering how I could get those erry translusent clouds. I didn't want them opaque so I decided to try some Wendy Vecchi Mica Spray in Pearl. First I tried it direct and it was ok , but then I sprayed some on my craft
mat and used a brush and that was perfect.


I stamped the dogs and their costumes from Lawn Fawns Happy Howloween and color them with copics, then cut them out on my Scan N Cut. I assembled my card, then brushed the top and bottom of my frame with my powder tool, stamped the sentiment with Versa Mark and embossed it with Ranger detail white.







For my last card I cut the Lawn Fawn Hillside Pop-up and the Lawn Fawn Stitched Tree Border from black card stock. I glued the tree border to the hills and attached it at the bottom only to a white card base and set it aside. Next I used Hero Arts Spider Web Stencil, a piece of Neenah Solar white 110lb. I taped the stencil down, laid a mask down that I had already punched a 2 1/2" circle out of. I saved the circle to use later. The moon was blended with Squeezed Lemon Distress Ink. I put the circle I saved over the moon and blended the rest of the sky with Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire. I stamped the bats and house (I placed this piece in place on the card base so I could line up my house with the hill) with Brutus Monroe Detail Ink. To make the house standout more I stamped the house again with Versa Mark and embossed it with WOW clear embossing powder. The windows are embossed with a lite dusting of Yellow EP. The tombstones are also from Newtons Nook Spooky Street and heat embossed with WOW Silver Pearl EP. My sentiment and large bat is from Sugar Pea Designs Fangtastic. I heat embossed the sentiment with Ranger Detail White EP . I colored the bat with copics and cut it out on my Scan N Cut. It's attached to the background with a mini wobbler. To wrap up the inside of the  card I cut a piece of card stock from Lawn Fawn Let's Polka In The Dark to fit the bottom of my card base. Then I used score tape to attach the two tabs of the pop up.




 The outside I kept simple. I used a piece of card stock from the same Lawn Fawn card stock pack and laid the web stencil in the corner and blended MFT Cement Gray Ink over it. I stamped the spider from Spooky Street with Brutus Monroe Detail Ink. Last but not least I used Jolee's Boutique stamps.










1. Laura 
2. Deana Benson - You Are Here


24 comments:

  1. Your cards are so
    neat looking, loving
    all the embossing
    and stamping.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your translucent clouds! And the pop up card is fab...the little skulls on the orange card are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome...btw, I'm also listed as craftychark on some blogs in the hop.

      Delete
    2. Char you won the giveaway. Please email your addie to designcreativebling@gmail.com

      Delete
    3. Char you won the giveaway. Please email your addie to designcreativebling@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. You did an amazing job on the backgrounds! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards love the backgrounds and the bat is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful backgrounds! Love the use of the spider web stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun Halloween cards! I see lots of items you used that are on my wish list, like that awesome Lawn Fawn Leafy Tree die... so versatile and fun! Great colors and details on your cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I have plans to make a couple of other projects with it and post them on my blog.

    ReplyDelete